Thursday, December 22, 2011

FUSILLI WITH TUNA & TOMATO SAUCE

The past week I have been busy baking and it has been a crazy week for me.  For the next week or so I am going to post recipes which I have had requests for. I am also going to answer questions that I have gotten from you guys.  Send me an e-mail if you want a recipe posted or if you just need information on a special food item or just need general information.  Any and all requests will be answered…

Fusilli With Tuna & Tomato Sauce


INGREDIENTS 

1 pound Fusilli 
4 cups simple tomato sauce (I have posted the recipe a few times already)
2 (6 oz. each) cans albacore tuna packed in oil, drained 
1 tablespoon drained capers 
1 teaspoon grated lemon peel 
Salt and freshly ground black pepper 
1 tablespoon chopped fresh Italian parsley leaves

DIRECTIONS 

Cook the pasta in a large pot of boiling salted water until tender but still firm to the bite - about 8 minutes.

Meanwhile, combine the tomato sauce, tuna, capers, and lemon peel in a heavy large skillet. Using a fork, break the tuna into chunks. Simmer to blend the flavors - about 5 minutes - and season with salt and pepper to taste.

Drain the pasta reserving 1 cup of the cooking liquid. Add the pasta to the sauce and toss to coat. Toss the pasta with enough reserved cooking liquid to moisten. Stir in the parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment