Friday, January 27, 2012

MISSING IN ACTION

I've been a little busy this week after restarting my personal chef service.  Cooking and delivering food to many different customers has kept me busy for the last two weeks; it takes a lot of planning and organization to cook different food for a variety of customers.  Each customer has their likes and dislikes and it is my job to get it right. That's where the personal comes into play.

If you don’t get it right, they will not be repeat customers and your business will not survive.  You learn these little things along the way, as in making each customer feel as though they are the only ones you cook for.  It is amazing what one can do when single and living alone.  Not having to keep a set schedule or answer to anyone lets one concentrate solely on work and accomplishing things.

First I have to design a menu while keeping food costs in mind, watching the budget, and satisfying the customer at the same time, let's not forget that it  is best to use products which are in season - it's a hard thing to do. Then I have to get to the vendors to actually place the orders and finally to the commercial kitchen I rent where I prepare the food.  I’ve gotten smarter as the business has grown; I hired someone to make the deliveries for me so it's one less chore on my plate. My next new hire will be a bookkeeper and I'm also looking for someone to design a website.  If anyone knows a really good web designer, please pass them along to me.

I have gotten all of the e-mails asking where I have been the last few weeks so I thought I would share exactly what I have been doing.  I have posted my menu below for my first food delivery of 2012, let’s hope this is the first of many and my business keeps growing.  Thanks for all the concern, but I am doing well - just very busy.

MENU CHOICES FOR THE WEEK OF JANUARY 23, 2012


DINNER ENTREES
                       
Pot Roast, Roasted Root Vegetables
                                                                               
Roasted Pacific Cod Fish
& Shitake Mushrooms
Roasted Herb Potatoes 
                  
Turkey Meat Loaf & Brown Gravy
Mashed Sweet Potatoes
                                       
Hunter’s Chicken, Buttered Noodles 
                                                                  
Grilled Salmon & Yogurt Dill Sauce
Brown Rice Pilaf 
                                    
Stuffed Portobello Mushroom
Lemony Lentil Salad                                          

Stuffed Eggplant (different variations)
Zucchini Patties                                    

LUNCH ENTREES

Three Bean
Salads
                                                               
Lemony Lentil
Salad
                                                                         
Broccoli, Ham
Pasta Salad
                                        
Grilled Chicken
Caesar Salad                                                            

SNACKS

PUMPKIN
MUFFINS                                                                      

SOUP

Escarole &
White Bean Soup

No comments:

Post a Comment